My Year in Books According to Goodreads 2015 - Throwback Thursday

This year, Goodreads.com introduced a new feature that breaks down different reading stats based on what books you logged on Goodreads.  I thought it'd be fun to post some screenshots of mine:
The average length is a bit lower than I expected, but I think that's because I added graphic novels/comic books to my reading log this year, so they probably affected the length.  I'd say most of the books/novels I read are 300+ pages.


These stats were fun.  The Giver was read for my Books and Media for Children class earlier this spring.  Cosplay in Libraries ... was just released a few months ago, so considering the price for this professional development book ($50), it's not surprising that only 2 other people have read the book (it also explains the 5.00 rating: 3 of us must have all given it 5 stars)!  I think I normally rate books a 4.0, but because I added comic books and graphic novels, I think that affected my average rating (there were several 1 - 2 star ratings I gave for some of those).



At the beginning of the year, I decided to add comic books and graphic novels for my total of books read (in previous years, I would only add them after I added all the books/novels I read for the year).  As a result, I chose to double my normal reading goal (of 50) to 100.  I ended up reading 80 books and 61 comic books/graphic novels, so I don't think I did too bad!

Lastly, some details on ratings and top shelves.

What about you?  Do you use Goodreads?  Tell me about your 2015 reading goals or milestones! 
My Year in Books According to Goodreads 2015 - Throwback Thursday My Year in Books According to Goodreads 2015 - Throwback Thursday Reviewed by The Artist Librarian on 12/31/2015 07:59:00 PM Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize Winter was that long! Hopefully this will be the year I get around to reading the Lunar Chronicles!! There are just so many things on my TBR shelf.

    80 books plus comic books/graphic novels is fantastic, especially when you're in school too. What was your favorite book that you read this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was excited to see it was that long --story-wise, it kind of dragged on at times, but I personally needed that many pages to say good-bye to those characters! =P

      Ah, so hard to choose! I'd have to go with Elizabeth Camden's Beyond All Dreams. Historical, DC setting in the heart of political intrigue and the Library of Congress, a librarian protagonist ... almost all the things I loved as a teenager (plus an amazing passage on art/creativity). In love ... I need to buy myself a physical copy this year. Highly recommend ... ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Comments are always welcomed and appreciated. In respect for others, please keep your comments PG/"family friendly" =)

Popular Posts

Unless otherwise noted, all material and images © The Artist Librarian, 2014 - 2015. Powered by Blogger.