Isle of Hope - Waiting on Wednesday

The Artist Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday is Julie Lessman's first full length Contemporary Christian romance, "Isle of Hope."
(c.) 2015 by Julie Lessman
"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, where you feature a yet-to-be-released title you're anticipating!

Title:
Isle of Hope
Author:
Julie Lessman
Release Date: November 1, 2015 by Julie Lessman (self-published).

About the Book:
"She stole his heart.
He stole her peace.
Can hope steal their pain?

At the age of eighteen, Lacey Carmichael was a wild girl bent on fun, promised to Jack
O’Bryen, a straight-and-narrow pastor’s kid bent on the seminary. When her father kicks her out of the house, she runs away from Isle of Hope, turning her back on everything she loves. Now, eight years later, she’s back as a woman of faith, hoping to make amends to the father she defied, the boyfriend she deserted, and the best friend she denied. Only the bridges she’s burned are still smoldering, kindled by an adulterous affair by Jack’s pastor father that damaged his son’s faith. But can a turning of tables—and hearts—lead the way back to “hope” for them all?"

Why I'm "WoW" about Unfailing Love:I rarely read indie or self-published books, but this is Julie Lessman!  I'll read anything she writes --and I have, such as her Romance-ology 101 writers' guide, even though I'm not an author!  Like Deeanne Gist, Julie's known for being on the more "passionate" side of Christian historical romance.  This is her first contemporary novel, so it will be interesting to see how well she transitions.  I have a feeling I won't have anything to worry about though!  ;-)

Who is an author that you think has "transitioned" well --able to write successfully in different genres or time periods? 

2 comments

  1. I'm excited to see what comes of Julie's contemporary. I had no idea it was so very close to being released, so I'll definitely be eager to read it this winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Rissi! I think it's on sale for half off right now if you pre-order it from amazon... I'm hoping to read it once my midterms are finished!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Popular Posts