Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To - Top Tuesday

I saw Allie from The Scribbling Sprite participated in The Broke and The Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday last week and I decided to try it out with this theme since today is a "your choice" entry.  So without further ado, here's my "Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To" in alphabetical order (by author)!

Pictures of The Artist Librarian's Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To
Click for a larger image!
With Every Breath - Elizabeth Camden
--I love Elizabeth Camden's books! She's an academic research librarian by day and the author of several historical romances.  I like that her stories always feature a unique time period, occupation, or plot.  Though I didn't get to With Every Breath, I did get to read Beyond All Dreams (review to come)!

Empire and Rebellion: Honor Among Thieves - James S. A. Corey
--One of the last Star Wars Expanded Universe titles before the Disney re-branding.  This title goes back to the "classic" era of the Original Trilogy, featuring Han, Luke, and Leia.

Fair Play - Deeanne Gist
--I've fallen a bit behind with Deeanne Gist's books.  This one is the last entry in her World's Fair trilogy. 

Caught in the Middle - Regina Jennings
--Another trilogy closer, this story features Molly Lovelace's brother, Nick.

Two Renegade Realms - Donita K. Paul
--The second book in The Realm Walker trilogy.  I reviewed the first book, One Realm Beyond here.

Golden Daughter - Anne Elisabeth Stengl
--Asian-inspired Christian fantasy?  Definitely intriguing.  From the Tales of Goldstone Woods series (I need to catch up with this series too)!

The Daughter of Highland Hall - Carrie Turansky
--I haven't read anything by Carrie Turansky yet, but the cover looks pretty and it's set in the Edwardian era ... 

The Dancing Master - Julie Klassen
--While I've heard this isn't the best of Julie Klassen's books, it is the only one of hers I haven't read yet!  Besides ... Footloose meets Regency?  I've gotta give it a shot! 

Storm Siren - Mary Weber
--When I first saw this cover, I thought it was a general market YA.  Learning that it's a Christian YA novel (published by Thomas Nelson), I'm definitely intrigued about this series featuring a slave girl with supernatural powers set in a fantasy realm.  

The Art of Dreamworks Animation: Celebrating 20 Years of Art - Ramin Zahed
--Rediscovering DreamWorks Animation in the last year, I'd love to see this retrospective which features concept art from their 30 animated features so far (including the yet-to-be-released Home).  I don't believe earlier films such as The Prince of Egypt had their own "Art of" books, so seeing concept art from those would be a thrill.  Unfortunately, with a retail price averaging $60, this one will be on my wish list for awhile (along with The Art of Tangled and The Art of Frozen).

Picture of Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy book cover
Bonus: #11!
Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy - Brandon Alinger

--I'm calling this my "bonus" entry, since I didn't know this was in the works, let alone was released in 2014!  The costumes designed for this trio of movies quickly became iconic worldwide.  Finally, the Original Trilogy costumes get the same treatment the gorgeous Prequel costumes did in a lavish tome.

What are some 2014 titles you meant to read but didn't get the chance to?

[Edited to add book cover collage]

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Popular Posts